I will be working through the book: “The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment” by Jeremiah Burroughs over the next 40 days! You are invited to join me as I take a look each day into what it means to be truly content in any circumstance! I will be taking an exert from the book and allowing the Lord to speak what it means for us in our life! I pray He will open our eyes to see, and teach us what it means to be content in every thing.
We are all facing a trial that looks impossible to get through, I know I am!
Maybe some of you are:
- facing an illness
- grieveing the loss of a loved one
- unemployed or your husband is unemployed and you are not sure what will happen
- unhappy with your current job because of all the negativity you have to face each day
- facing a separation or a divorce
- facing mariage/family problems that seem unbearable
- unhappy with your life at this moment and are aware of your need for a Savior
- striving to attain more material possessions in hopes that it will bring you happiness/contentment/satisfaction
- at rock bottom and feel like there is absolutely no hope
- feeling hopeless about your life and can’t seem to understand why
- rebelling, or turning from God, because of all the pain/suffering He has allowed in your life
- scared to trust God because you think He will take away the things you love the most (family,job,money, etc)
- afraid to surrender ALL of your life to Jesus because you think He will allow things to happen that you could not bear
- burdened down by your own sinfulness and shame and feel like you have no way out to true peace and contentment
- not getting YOUR own way and do not Trust God to work all things for your good
- living in self-protection mode and taking things into your OWN hands because you believe if you don’t, everything will fall apart
- convinced that nothing/no one in this life will ever make you happy/content/satisfied
Whatever the case may be, we are all going through something that feels like it would be impossible to truly be content and at peace. However, it IS possible, and we are about to start on this journey to discover the secret of Christian contentment in every circumstance! I pray you will be blessed and encouraged as you take your eyes off of your situation, and place them wholly on Jesus, who alone is worthy and able to create in us a pure heart, and a heart at rest in His sovereignty!
Here is a link to each day of the Journey!
Day 1 Test Your Heart
Day 2 Surrendering to His Will
Day 3 Desires of the Heart
Day 4 The Difference
Day 5 Letting Go